What is SeMi Bluegrass? It's a meeting place where live music fans in Southeast Michigan gather to exchange information about the live music scene: show reviews, cool venues, band profiles, product reviews and more.
Articles, news, reviews and band profiles welcome.
Email to: SeMiBluegrass@gmail.com

If you're looking for the South East Michigan Bluegrass Music Association (A fine group of Bluegrass fans in South East Michigan) you can find them at http://smbluegrass.org/

Friday, August 12, 2016

A Deep and Heartfelt "Thank You"

Over the past few years I have done my best to make people aware of the vibrant and blossoming acoustic music scene in Southeast Michigan.  I gone to hundreds of shows.  I've written dozens of online reviews.  I've attended most of the local music festivals, open mics and musical events.  I even volunteered to serve as the Vice President of the Southeast Michigan Bluegrass Music Association.  I've done all of this because of my passion for live, local, acoustic music in Southeast Michigan.  So it was with great shock  that I learned I was to be inducted into the 2016 class of the SEMBMA "Hall of Honor" at the Milan Bluegrass Festival last week for my "efforts to promote and support bluegrass and acoustic music in the region".  I am both incredibly honored and completely humbled that my modest contribution has been noticed, and has made a difference to people who share my interests and passions.  To the person who nominated me, and all of you who support what I do:  Thank you! This award is as much for you as it is for me.  Now go find some live, local music!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your source for information about the Southeast Michigan (SeMi) Live Music Scene. News, Venues, Reviews...a community about us, for us and by us. Please consider contributing an article: semibluegrass@gmail.com